1780 – 1860s
Founded by John Haig, brother of James of Canonmills. In some way the two distilleries were to have not a dissimilar history.
Lochrin folded in the great collapse of 1788 and was reopened in 1795.
It was run by both brothers, John & James, until 1810 when it again went into sequestration.
It was up and running again from 1821 – 1848 (James Haig & Sons) and was sold to C & D Gray Distillers before eventually ceasing production in 1860 when it became the Lochrin Iron Works – William Bain & Co.