1780 - 1860s
Founded by John Haig, brother of James of Canonmills. In some way the two distilleries were to have not a dissimilar history.
Lochrin folded in the great collapse of 1788 and was reopened in 1795. It was run by both brothers, John & James, until 1810 when it again went into sequestration. It was up and running again from 1821 - 1848 (James Haig & Sons) and was sold to C & D Gray Distillers before eventually ceasing production in 1860 when it became the Lochrin Iron Works - William Bain & Co.
"In terms of its importance to whisky, Kennetpans is worth 10 of Lindores Abbey
Keeper of the Quaich
Ex Group Marketing Director for Glenmorangie